Etihad is the only airline in the region to offer a US immigration facility within Abu Dhabi Airport. This means that guests flying to the US will complete US immigration checks before they fly, not after landing.
They will then arrive into the US domestic terminal and skip international immigration queues.
It’s important to tell your guests:
- Check-in for Etihad flights to the US closes two hours before the flight, so they must arrive at the airport in plenty of time.
- All guests must go through the US Immigration facility, located near gates 58 – 61 in Terminal 3, no later than 60 minutes before the flight. If guests are late to report to the US Immigration facility, they may be denied boarding.
- Guests must check all the restricted and prohibited items that they can bring into the US before they pack.
- Guests’ date of entry into the US on their passport will be the date they depart from Abu Dhabi, and not the date they arrive in the US.
- Baggage will be sent to guests’ final destination in the US.