Here is the reservation and ticketing procedure that you should follow when you need to make a name correction.
There are a number of reasons why you may need to update or change a name. For example, a guest has provided a different name to that shown on their passport, your guest has got married and changed their surname, or the spelling of their name was misunderstood by the booking agent.
1. Title amendments, juxtaposing/rearranging surname/first name and name corrections due to genuine typing errors (up to three characters) are accepted free of charge.
2. Any other correction will incur a fee of US $100 or equivalent (AU $150 for point of sale Australia).
3. The request must be for the same guest on the ticket.
4. Only one change is permitted.
5. A name correction is not permitted on an un-ticketed booking. A new booking in the available booking class must be created with the correct name. If the name correction is made on an un-ticketed booking, it will be identified through the Revenue Integrity Name Change Violation Process and cancelled.
6. Name corrections are permitted on Etihad Airways tickets (607) with Other Airline (OAL) segments:
a. For itineraries involving German rail (Deutsche Bahn) or French rail (SNCF), names can be corrected on the same booking. The ticket must be reissued.
b. For itineraries involving Virgin Australia (VA), Air Seychelles (HM) and both prime and codeshare flights marketed by Etihad Airways (607), names can be corrected on the same booking. The ticket must be reissued. Change requests are accepted up to 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. For any requests within 24 hours of departure, please create a new booking.
c. For itineraries involving any other airline, please create a new booking and reissue the ticket. Please refer to procedure section for more information.
7. As long as passport copies are provided, the following name changes are permitted:
a) Genuine typing errors (up to three characters)
Example: TOM/JIRRY MR TO TOM/JERRY MR
b) Title amendments
Example: TOM/MARY MR to TOM/MARY MRS
c) Maiden name to married name (or vice versa)
Example: JOHN/MARY MS TO JACK/MARY MRS
d) Juxtaposing of surname/first name
Example: MARY/TOM MRS to TOM/MARY MRS
e) Shortened/nick name to full name
Example: ALSHAMSI/MOHD MR to ALSHAMSI/MOHAMMED MR
f) Addition of middle name*
Example: BROWN/JOHN MR to BROWN/JOHN PAUL MR
g) Addition of surname*
Example: PAUL/JOHN MR to BROWN/JOHN PAUL MR
h) Complete/partial name change for the same guest with proof from authorities (e.g. Deed Poll)
Example: GEORGE/PAUL MR to DANIEL/JACK MR
*Both surname and middle names should be present in the passport
1. Contact Etihad to make the name correction – make sure that you have the applicable documents.
2. Where fees apply, make the payment in cash or by credit card. You may also issue an Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD) with RFISC 98J, stating the reason as Name Correction in the endorsement field.
3. Etihad will verify the documents and payment then correct the name on the booking. Once the name is corrected by Etihad, the new name will appear on your reservation system and you may reissue the ticket. This applies to itineraries involving Etihad Airways (607) tickets with Etihad-operated and marketed flights.
4. Reissue the ticket with endorsement showing “TKT REISSUED FOR NAME CORR”.
5. If there is a date change, a penalty fee will apply as per the fare rules.
6. If name corrections are made without an Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD), an Agent Debit Memo (ADM) of US $100* or equivalent will be raised against the booking/ticketing office/travel agency that has made the change (*AU $150 for point of sale Australia).
7. When a name correction is requested on an EY (607) ticket involving any other airline (OAL):
a) Create a new booking (PNR) with the correct name on available RBDs. Do not attempt to correct names on the original booking when other airline segments (except VA, HM and rail) are involved.
b) Travel agents must approach an EY ticketing office or Contact Centre to issue the EMD.
c) Reissue the original ticket with the correct name on the new PNR with the applicable fare difference (if any). Current fares must be used to reprice.
d) Cancel the old booking (PNR).
Date change penalties apply only if there is a change in the flight itinerary. Global service fees (if applicable) will be collected in addition to the name correction fee if there is a date change and the ticket is being reissued by Etihad Airways. Name corrections/changes on group bookings also require a fee of US $100.
Name correction and associated EMDs
When a name correction is made on a booking, the associated EMD will disassociate from the booking. Name corrections on the associated EMD should only be made by Etihad Airways. Etihad Airways must verify the EMD for name correction fees and reissue the VCR for the modified booking. Once the name is corrected, the EMD should be re-associated to the guest’s name.